Genelia D’souza Wiki and Biography
|Actress Name||Genelia D'Souza|
|Nick Name||Geenu, Cheenu, Teenage Superstar of Bollywood|
|Date of Birth||5th August,1987|
|Age Till Now|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Sun Sign / Moon Sign||Leo / Scorpion|
|Height||5 Feet 6 Inches (169 centimeters)|
|Weight||54 kgs (119. 05 pounds)|
|Hobbies||Internet Surfing, Watching films, Listening to songs|
|Eye Colour / Hair Colour||Black / Black|
|Father / Mother||Neil D’Souza / Jeanette D’Souza|
|Favourite Food||North Indian Food|
|Favourite Actor& Actress||"Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Shah Rukh Khan &
Aishwarya Rai and Sandra Bullock"
|Favourite Colour||Black, Red, White|
|Favourite Destionation||Italy, London|
|Remuneration||$ 6 million/Film|
Genelia D’Souza Nickname, Father name, Mother name and Family details
- Genelia D’Souza is a very famous and popular film actress who appears mainly in the South Indian film industry and also in the Hindi film industry.
- This marvelous actress started her acting career with the Hindi film Tuje Meri Kasam, and later, she appeared in South Indian films.
- This fabulous actress is known by her many nicknames, Geenu, Cheenu, and Teenage Superstar of Bollywood.
- This marvelous actress is the daughter of Neil D’Souza, a senior official in TCS at Tata Consultancy Services. Her mother, Jeanette D’Souza, worked in the Pharmaceutical Company.
- Her mother has left her job to help her daughter Genelia in her career. This fabulous actress also has one brother named Nigel D’Souza, who works in the stock exchange.
Genelia D’souza Date of Brith, Brith Place, Age, Sun Sign and Moon Sign
- This flawless beauty was born on August 5 1987 in Mumbai, Maharashtra; she was born in a Catholic family in Mumbai and has spent her childhood there.
- This 33-year-old actress has her Sun Sign as Leo, whereas her Moon Sign is Scorpion.
- This fabulous actress started her career with the ad film. She was just 15 years old when she appeared in an ad film for Parker Pen, and in that advertisement, she shared screen space with Amitabh Bachchan.
Genelia D’souza Figure, Height, Weight, Hair Colour and Eye Colour
- This bubbly actress has always attracted everyone in the industry with her innocent and charming looks.
- She is one of the most beautiful actresses in the Indian film industry and has a very good and attractive physical appearance.
- Her height is 5ft 6inch whereas her weight is 54kgs, this tall and slim actress has a very good figure and that is 34-28-37.
- This wonderful actress looks very pretty in all types of roles and attire. Her deep and beautiful black eyes and hair look very attractive.
Genelia D’souza’s Marital Status and Boyfriends
- This smiling and very beautiful actress is married to Bollywood actor Ritesh Deshmukh, and The couple met each other at the set of their debut film Tujhe Meri Kasam.
- The couple was in a relationship for many years and had been dating each other for several years.
- In 2012, the couple got married with Hindu and Christian rituals.
- It is said that the couple was set to marry many years ago, but the father of Ritesh Deshmukh was not happy with the relationship, and hence, the couple got married after several years when his father allowed them to. The couple also has two sons, Riaan and Rahul.
Genelia D’souza Educational Qualification
- This wonderful actress was born into a Catholic family who speaks Marathi at home, and her mother tongue is Marathi.
- She has spent all her childhood in Mumbai, and also she has completed her education in Mumbai.
- This marvelous actress has completed her schooling at Apostolic Carmel High School, and after that, she completed her graduation in Management Studies,
- This talented actress has completed her degree from St Andrews College in Bandra in Mumbai. This talented actress has completed her graduation while shooting for her debut film.
Genelia D’souza Favourite Food, Colour, Destination and Hobbies
- This talented and intelligent actress was very focused on her career; she has thought of working in MNC after completion of her education.
- But later, she decided to act in films and make her career in the film industry. This flawless beauty has various hobbies like watching movies, internet surfing, and listening to songs.
- This non-vegetarian actress likes various foods, but her favorite is North Indian Food.
- Her favorite color is black, red, and white; she also likes to travel to various places, and her favorite destination is Italy and London.
Genelia D’souza Favourite Film, Actor and Actress
- From a young age, she had a great interest in watching films. She likes to watch movies and has managed many films in the Indian and Hollywood industries.
- Her favorite film is Devdas, Titanic, and Dark Knight. This fabulous actress greatly enjoys Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Her favorite actresses are Aishwarya Rai and Sandra Bullock. This marvelous actress likes to watch films and internet surfing.
- She also likes various types of perfumes; her favorite is XXX, and she loves diamonds.
Genelia D’souza Award Nominations
- In 2003, this marvelous actress was nominated for her first film, Tujhe Meri Kasam; she was nominated for Filmfare, Zee Cine, and Screen Award. In 2005, she was nominated for the movie Masti. In 2007, she was nominated for the film Dhee,
- In 2008, she was nominated for the film Santosham Subramaniam. 2008, she was nominated for the Jane Tu Ya Jane Na film. She was nominated for the Best Actress award for Stardust and Apsara award.
- In 2012, this marvelous actress was nominated for the film Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, and she was nominated for the Big Star Entertainment Award.
Genelia D’souza’s Famous Role and Awards Won
- In 2006, this fabulous actress made a Telugu film called Bommarillu. This film was a blockbuster hit at the box office, and her role in this film became very popular.
- She portrayed the role of a very giggling and fun-loving girl, which was suited to her, and many critics appreciated her work in this film.
- This marvelous actress has won many awards in her career. She won the Best Actress Debut award in 2003 for the film Satyam, and in the year 2006, she won many awards for the film Bommarillu,
- She has also won the Nandi Award for Best Actress for this film. In 2009, she won an award for the film Katha,
- In 2011, she won the Best Actress award for the film Urumi, and in 2015, she won the IIFA award for regional cinema. She won the award for outstanding performance in the film Lai Bhaari.
Genelia D’souza’s Salary, Net Worth and Remuneration
- This fabulous actress’s remuneration is unknown, and her net worth is unknown.
- The charge of this amazing actress for one film is $ 6 million, and she charges 6 million per film in the industry.
Questions and Answers about Genelia D’souza
1. Q: When and where was actress Genelia D’Souza born?
A: Genelia D’Souza was born on August 5, 1987, in Mumbai, India.
2. Q: What was her Bollywood debut film?
A: Her Bollywood debut was in “Tujhe Meri Kasam” (2003).
3. Q: In which South Indian film did she gain recognition and acclaim?
A: Genelia gained recognition with the Telugu film “Boys” (2003).
4. Q: Which Tamil film marked her debut in the Tamil film industry?
A: She made her Tamil debut with the film “Sachein” (2005).
5. Q: What is her nickname?
A: Genelia is affectionately called “Geenu” by her friends and family.
6. Q: Who is her frequent co-star and eventual husband?
A: She often paired with Riteish Deshmukh in films and eventually married him.
7. Q: When did Genelia D’Souza and Riteish Deshmukh get married?
A: They tied the knot in 2012.
8. Q: How many children do they have together?
A: Genelia and Riteish have two sons.
9. Q: What is her involvement in the Indian Premier League (IPL)?
A: Genelia is a co-owner of the IPL team Mumbai Indians along with her husband.
10. Q: What cuisine does she love, especially seafood dishes?
A: She has a fondness for Mangalorean and Konkani cuisine.
11. Q: Besides acting, what other activities is Genelia known for?
A: She is actively involved in philanthropy and has spoken at various events and colleges as an inspirational speaker.
12. Q: What was her comeback film in Bollywood after a hiatus?
A: Genelia returned with the film “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya” (2012).
13. Q: What brands and products has she endorsed?
A: Genelia has endorsed several popular brands and products.
14. Q: What role does she play as a mother?
A: She enthusiastically embraces motherhood and often shares heartwarming moments with her children on social media.
15. Q: Who are some of her favorite actors in the Indian film industry?
A: She admires actors like Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan for their talent and versatility.
16. Q: What was her role in the IPL team Mumbai Indians?
A: She served as a co-owner of the team Mumbai Indians.
17. Q: What is her approach to selecting film roles?
A: Genelia is known for her selective approach, choosing projects that resonate with her values and interests.
18. Q: What languages is she fluent in?
A: She is fluent in several languages, including Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani.
19. Q: In which college did Genelia pursue her degree in literature?
A: She attended St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai.
20. Q: What is her fashion style known for?
A: Genelia is known for her elegant fashion sense and has been featured on various magazine covers.
These questions and answers provide insights into Genelia D’Souza’s life, career, and personal interests, offering a well-rounded view of the versatile actress.
Unknown Facts about Genelia D’souza
1. Early Life: Genelia D’Souza was born on August 5, 1987, in Mumbai, India.
2. Mangalore Connection: She hails from the Mangalorean Catholic community.
3. College Days: Genelia attended St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai, and initially pursued a degree in management studies.
4. Debut: She made her acting debut in Bollywood with the film “Tujhe Meri Kasam” (2003).
5. Multilingual Actress: Genelia has acted in various languages, including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada.
6. Breakthrough: Her career breakthrough came with the Telugu film “Boys” (2003), directed by S. Shankar.
7. Tamil Debut: She made her Tamil debut with the film “Sachein” (2005) opposite Vijay.
8. Nickname: Genelia is affectionately called “Geenu” by her friends and family.
9. Frequent Co-star: She often paired with actor Riteish Deshmukh in several films and eventually married him.
10. Philanthropy: Genelia is actively involved in charitable activities and causes.
11. Bollywood Return: After a hiatus, she returned to Bollywood with the hit film “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya” (2012).
12. Marriage: Genelia tied the knot with Riteish Deshmukh in 2012, and they have two sons together.
13. Favorite Cuisine: She loves Mangalorean and Konkani cuisine, especially seafood.
14. Endorsements: Genelia has endorsed several popular brands and products.
15. Mumbai Indians: She is a co-owner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Mumbai Indians along with her husband.
16. Inspirational Speaker: She has spoken at various events and colleges, sharing her experiences and inspiring youth.
17. Fashion Icon: Genelia is known for her elegant fashion sense and has been featured on various magazine covers.
18. Favorite Actors: She admires Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan for their talent and versatility.
19. Motherhood: Genelia has enthusiastically embraced motherhood and often shares heartwarming moments with her children on social media.
20. Selective Roles: She is known for her selective approach to film roles, choosing projects that resonate with her values and interests.
These lesser-known facts shed light on Genelia D’Souza’s life, career, and personal interests, highlighting her multifaceted personality beyond the silver screen.
Genelia D’souza Acted Movies – Filmography
|Junior||2023||Telugu / Kannada||TBA|
|Trial Period||2023||Hindi||Anamaya “Ana” Roy Choudhary|
|It’s My Life||2020||Hindi||Muskaan|
|Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya||2012||Hindi||Mini|
|Chance Pe Dance||2010||Hindi||Tina Sharma|
|Life Partner||2009||Hindi||Sanjana Jugran|
|Satya in Love||2008||Kannada||Veda|
|Santosh Subramaniam||2008||Tamil||Hasini Govindan|
|Mere Baap Pehle Aap||2008||Hindi||Shikha Kapur|
|Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na||2008||Hindi||Aditi “Meow” Mahant|
|Subhash Chandra Bose||2005||Telugu||Anitha|
|Tujhe Meri Kasam||2003||Hindi||Anjali “Anju”|